Publish Problem

Simple153

does your computer say its plotting but nothing comes out of the plotter? are you running publish in the backround?

• 3 months later...
does your computer say its plotting but nothing comes out of the plotter? are you running publish in the backround?

This is exactly what is happening with my computer at the moment. I select "publish all selected layouts", the publish symbol displays in the tray, but one of 3 things happens:

a) (most common) no response from computer or plotter. the animated publish icon in the tray displays for a while, and after a random time, anyone between 60 seconds to 10-15 minutes, a plot error is logged.

b) again, the animated publish icon is displayed, but no response from computer or plotter for 60 seconds. Then an error message displays "publish not available in SDI mode". Problem being, I am not running ACAD 09 in sdi mode.

c) ACAD crashes. this is rare, has only happened once.

Can anyone help?

I installed the service packs yesterday. Since then, all that happens when I try to publish is the animated icon in the tray for 15 seconds, then the AutoCAD error report dialogue appears, but AutoCAD does not shut down.

I have tried publishing 25 layouts at one time, but also 5 layouts at one time, and the same problems persist. Would RAM be an issue if this is the case?

Yes, publishing in background.

2.5Gb RAM

Our plotter here is new, so yes, all drivers are up to date.

I just deselected publish in backgraound, and we have liftoff! Thanks Chelsea.

I have no clue why it doesnt ever want to work properly in background, it just doesnt, i tried once and i got the tray for 4 hours and nothing came out of the plotter, i had to reboot the computer for the tray to go away cause nothing would stop it and i couldnt print anything else because it was stuck on the publish.