Changing Computers

AzMandella

O.K. So I have AC Lite 2008 loaded on my computer at work and on my desktop at home using my 2 installs. Is there anyway to uninstall it from my home computer and load it on my laptop without having to purchase the program again ?

In theory yes. If you're going through a hardware upgrade then you'd need to be able to install the software on the new machine

Don't go into reams of explanation to Autodesk, just tell them you're replacing your hardware

During the new install you'll be prompted to get authorization online. Go ahead and do it. One of two things will happen. It will either be successful and you'll obtain the new authorization code or it won't. In which case you'll be prompted to contact AutoDesk directly. If that happens then follow the advice that Strix gave you. Just answer their questions. Never volunteer information that is not asked for. A lawyer friend of mine gave me that advice.

We just tried to do exactly what Strix and ReMark suggested 12 days ago and still have not heard back from AutoDesk. They said we would hear from them in 2-3 business days.....still waiting! Be prepared for some down time.

The one and only time I ran into this sort of situation I was able to get a response on the same day and with just one phone call. Push the issue. Call your authorized reseller and have them nudge AutoDesk.

Funny. AD wants compliance with the policies and then drags their feet when someone follows them. You should not be unfairly punished for doing so. Let them know of your dis-satisfaction by mail, phone and fax. This is not acceptable in any way, shape or form.