Bcount with parameters

Fire Alarm

I'm still figuring out how to use parameters and am wonder if it is possible to have multiple blocks for a parameter. I created a block parameter with smoke, heat, and duct detectors. My question is this: when I go to change the parameter to a certain device and then use bcount it does not recognize the block. Is there a way of doing this so that each parameter is counted? For example if I have 25 smoke detectors, 15 heats, and 10 duct detectors (total 50 devices). Is there a way to break these out as to how many of each device there is? I attached an example of the file.

Thanks,

Andrew

DETECTORS.dwg

• 1 month later...

I don't know about MEP, but AutoCAD Architecture has the "Select Similar" option. With that if you select one of the blocks, right click and SELECT SIMILAR it will select only the blocks with the same visibility parameter active. If you have the properties palette open, then you will see on the Top box showing the selection "Block Reference (NN)" being NN the number of blocks selected. that should do the trick.

If MEP doesn't have the SELECT SIMILAR option, this thread explains how to add it

Hope this helps

• 4 months later...

Fire alarm system is a system to maintaining an atmosphere on either side of the door during evacuation and fire fighting efforts.For more information log on: amlarm.com