Editing multiple Mtext objects

Hi peeps,

I'm working on a lighting plan where i have to give each fixture a unique adress, i cp'd the Mtexts allover the fixtures and would like to retype them all with minimum mouse usage.

I could do this with qs > mtext and when you press esc then it switches to the next Mt object, the problem is i have to name the fixtures in a linear order but acad seems to randomly pick which object to edit next.

Is there some kind of hotkey to switch between the selected text while editing or a better way of doing this?

Hi,

Select the texts you want to edit in desired sequence.

Then in properties window, under Text, click on Contents .

Here you will find a button with three dots. Press it and the mtext editor will display on the first text selected by you.

After editing each text click ok and the editor shifts to the next text in series.

Hope it helps you

Tom Kelly

Hi,

Select the texts you want to edit in desired sequence.

Then in properties window, under Text, click on Contents .

Here you will find a button with three dots. Press it and the mtext editor will display on the first text selected by you.

After editing each text click ok and the editor shifts to the next text in series.

Hope it helps you

Tom Kelly

Hi Tom,

You mean i have to select the texts in the order i want to edit them? i did it like you described but i used my selection window to select them all before editing, will try selecting them 1 by 1 next time.

Thanks for your input!

I believe any method that utilises a selection set method to retrieve the items will ultimately put the objects in a random order.

I could possible create a LISP for you that would filter out your MTEXT objects with maybe a certain text string or layer. But again, with the renaming, it would be a random shuffle through the set.

EDIT: Just noticed you're using LT... so LISP is out.. :(

What is sortents set to? With it set to 1 I can copy multiple mtext objects and select by windowing, and then when I edit they are brought up in reverse order. If that seems to work for you then maybe you can work in reverse order.