LTSCALE - Model Space/Paper Space Differences and problems

Fedge

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to set up all LTSCALE/PSLTSCALE/CELTSCALE to suit my needs. I have a bunch of lines in my drawing that are set to the HIDDEN linetype. In model space, they show up as a continuous line. In paperspace, they show up dashed. Using LTSCALE, I tweaked the scale of the lines in PAPER space, but couldn't get those changes to effect model space.

How can I see the same scale in both MS and PS? Is that possible?

Another problem is that some of my viewports display the hidden lines in one scale, and others in another scale, and others yet don't display as hidden at all. What am I doing wrong?

If someone would be kind enough to brief me on how to set up all of the LTSCALE's and whatnot, it would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you.

I've read that thread over several times and unfortunately it doesn't answer some of my questions like the differences between model space and paper space, and why the linetype scales do no match. Some of the techniques discussed in the thread didn't work or produced un-desireable results. Is there any other resources I may be missing? Thanks.

I've read that thread over several times and unfortunately it doesn't answer some of my questions like the differences between model space and paper space, and why the linetype scales do no match. Some of the techniques discussed in the thread didn't work or produced un-desireable results. Is there any other resources I may be missing? Thanks.

Set your PSLTSCALE to "0" and they will match.

• 3 years later...
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to set up all LTSCALE/PSLTSCALE/CELTSCALE to suit my needs. I have a bunch of lines in my drawing that are set to the HIDDEN linetype. In model space, they show up as a continuous line. In paperspace, they show up dashed. Using LTSCALE, I tweaked the scale of the lines in PAPER space, but couldn't get those changes to effect model space.

How can I see the same scale in both MS and PS? Is that possible?

Another problem is that some of my viewports display the hidden lines in one scale, and others in another scale, and others yet don't display as hidden at all. What am I doing wrong?

If someone would be kind enough to brief me on how to set up all of the LTSCALE's and whatnot, it would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you.

You don't say which version of AutoCAD you are using, so prior to v2009 the following will be the best place to start.

Set PSTLSCALE to 1. In Model Space set LTSCALE to the intended plot scale. I.E.: plot scale to be 1/4"=1'-0", then while in MS set LTSCALE to 48. When you move to PS set LTSCALE to 1 or 0.5, you may have to hit regen.

Leave CELTSCALE set to 1, if you need to adjust some individual lines then click on them, go to properties and adjust the linetype scale there. This is adjusting the CELTSCALE for those lines only. This shouldn't be used very often, IMO.

With 2009 Annotative scaling was introduced so a new variable, MSLTSCALE, controls the above for you in a more automated manner. Set MSLTSCALE to 1 and the annotative scaling handles the rest.

The date on this thread is 2005 - so not likely Fedge will be back to explain :)

If RKents suggestions doesn't work Caddiva, I suggest you start a new thread with your question.

The date on this thread is 2005 - so not likely Fedge will be back to explain :)

If RKents suggestions doesn't work Caddiva, I suggest you start a new thread with your question.

Very observant Tiger :)

• 2 years later...