no input box

alec

Right Gents,

this is starting to really wind me up now.

I want to draw a line, starting a certain distance along an existing line. Normally I would select LINE, put my cursor over the end of the existing line, and I would get a small dialogue box saying 'endpoint'. When I move the cursor along the line, it would then allow me to input a distance, and that would then be the start of my intended line. (similarly I could use it to insert a block in the correct postion from the end of the line)

Since a couple of weeks ago, when I had a couple of other problems, I no longer get this input box, I get a pair of boxes asking me to input co-ordinates.

Snap, Grid, Ortho and Lwt are off, polar, osnap, otrack and dyn are on.

Can any of you fine upstanding people help me get my input box please?

Starting lines a set distance from a corner etc is now involving a major amount of offsetting and trimming and is a real pain in the rear.

Many thanks,

Smudger.

a guess here - check the setting on the variable DYNPICOORDS, change it to 0 if 1 and vice versa and see what happens.

Hi,

Dipali, DYN off, all osnap modes are already checked.

Tiger, changed value from 0 to 1.

neither have made a difference. Anything else I might try?

Cheers

One more thing that just hit me, right-click on the POLAR-button and bring up settings - change the ticks in there and see if that makes a difference.

Changed DYNPIFORMAT from 1 to 0, and there are no boxes to check in Polar, except track orthagonolly only/track using all polar angle settings, and 'absolute' or relative to last segment. As I haven't changed ony of these settings (ever) I'm not convinced they could be any different than they were when all was well.

If I start drawing a line from a random point, I get an input box to put a distance in, just not when I want to draw a certain point along an existing line.

Anything else out there?

cheers

HAve just noticed that when I try and draw a rectangle, whereas before I could input the length of horizontal side, tab, length of vertical side, and it would draw me the required size box, it now thinks I am inputting co-ordinates, and so gives me a huge rectangle relevant to 0,0. Does that help?

Try DYNMODE = 3? Also DYNPROMPT = 1?

You also want DYNPICOORDS as 0 if you want relative coords, I guess it's currently set at 1 if it's using absolute? You can also run with the default set to absolute and precede with # for relative.

Thinking back, when I wanted to draw a line a set distance from the end of an existing line, I would be asked to 'specify end point' but I am no longer asked this. does that help anyone with where the problem is?

I'm still stuck with this and its costing me a lot of extra time both in drawings and in searching through menus trying to find a cause and cure for the problem.

cheers,