section VIEW

avieira

Hello all,

Here is a layout of a bar\cafe me and another friend are building for ourselves on the water front of the DOURO RIVER IN OPORTO PORTUGAL , we have to hand in to the " CAMARA OS OPORTO" same thing as City Hall , a copy of the design , now i was wonder is my section View " B " looks correct. ?

could anyone tell me is its ok , and if its not what i need to improve it

thank you

Antonio

DIA12_05.dwg

It looks like you have the basics covered. I'm assuming all dimensioning and any callouts (labels) will be done in your layout?

The section doesn't represent the bar correctly- you've shown the entire front of the bar where you should follow the line B-B and only show the front of the bar from where the section line traverses down.

Tables and chairs are not matching (not sure if that's an issue?).

Is this a section or view? I think with a section you should only show what is actually on the line, not the background?

Finally, another minor point, "Kitchen" should be spellt as such, not "Kichten", but I'm guessing that's just for our benefit and the finished product will be in Portuguese?

Edit- attached is an example of what I mean in my first point.

Bar.jpg

Jeez, you're right. How did I miss that one? One-eye-blind. That's me. Blind in one eye and can't hear in the other.

:lol::lol: how's the sight in your left ear...

Just one other point avieira, you have a wall shown which should be in a hidden linetype if you're going to show it, in the section toward the left hand side.

The section doesn't represent the bar correctly- you've shown the entire front of the bar where you should follow the line B-B and only show the front of the bar from where the section line traverses down.

Tables and chairs are not matching (not sure if that's an issue?).

Is this a section or view? I think with a section you should only show what is actually on the line, not the background?

Finally, another minor point, "Kitchen" should be spellt as such, not "Kichten", but I'm guessing that's just for our benefit and the finished product will be in Portuguese?

Edit- attached is an example of what I mean in my first point.

Oh ok, yes the final has to have everything in Portuguese.

tables and charis are not an issue since all the want is really a front side, back , and section views , with plans ,

is your picture you cut the bar way ? shouldnt i show the full lenght of the bar?

No your section line shows the cut as I've shown above. To show the full bar the section line would need to run south (?) just left of the bar.

No your section line shows the cut as I've shown above. To show the full bar the section line would need to run south (?) just left of the bar.

Your right, i will have to move the section line south,

because the want to see how the bar will look," here they are very pickey and you have to show wat they want or else they will not approve anything".

Thanks guys, i thought it was worse , ...