how to convert wire frame in to solid region in autocad?

dkdhiraj

I made layout using polylines and then extruded it to get a solid, but it was a hollow frame. I need it to be a solid so tht i can find the CG of the model.Please help me out.

Thanking you.

I was able to create the solids using a combination of PEDIT, BPOLY, and EXTRUDE.

You have to make sure your polylines are closed. That tends to be the most difficult part when you have to lines intersecting at such acute angles.

I extruded the solids to 20 units but you can change them from the properties dialog.

Hope this helps.

KC

housing cover_tackle_extruded_01.dwg

capture01.jpg

thanx a ton mate!!!!!!!!!!

but plz can u mention how n in which combination did you use these commands.

your advice really helped me.

thanks alot.

thanx a ton mate!!!!!!!!!!

but plz can u mention how n in which combination did you use these commands.

your advice really helped me.

thanks alot.

Well, First your original drawing contained none of your original polylines. So first I created a Top view FLATSHOT, Exploded the block and started converting and joining the lines using PEDIT.

The border was simple because it was already closed. Once it was converted to a Pline it extruded no problem.

The inner Radius sections I used BPOLY and chose Region for my Object type. This is a hit and miss deal in that it must also be closed to create the region.

The Innermost Ring was a little troublesome because it was not closed and I had to find the open points and close them manually.(I have heard that 2010 finds open Pline locations for you). Once this is done you may extrude the remaining sections.

I did not use presspull which can also be used, but I did not know if 2007 had this feature.

Hope this explains it a little better.

KC