How to make a road!!?

zamyang

Hi everybody. I'm new to this forum and I would really appreciate if you could help me. I'm going nuts trying to create a road along a hilly terrain! I'm working on a project that involves making a walkway along the road. The presentation date is nearing and i still don't have a proper rendered site plan!

Please help!

site plan with road.dwg

Thanks Shift1313. Yup, its a 2d site plan of 5 meter each contour interval. I've create a 3d view out of it! I managed to create the contour but its like in steps coz i extruded each contour line....and now I'm stuck!! How am I supposed to go about it?

use 'EXTRUDE' on objects(probably as good idea to have used polylines), set your view to isometic or have several by selecting 'view' from the menu.

Z

If you have a path you want your best bet is draw guides for each side and SWEEP or LOFT. Do you have a 3d file with a path you want to use?

• 1 year later...
Thanks Shift1313. Yup, its a 2d site plan of 5 meter each contour interval. I've create a 3d view out of it! I managed to create the contour but its like in steps coz i extruded each contour line....and now I'm stuck!! How am I supposed to go about it?

You should actually click each line and change the elevation of the line. You should find "elevation" in the properties section. if you extrude it will turn the joined polyline into a shape