AutoCAD to Leica Flexline TS06 problems

Richharry193

Morning All,

We as a company have just got a trial for 2-3 days of a new Leica TS06 Total station with the communications package (capability of installing a memory stick directly into the machine). our previous total station was ancient and we have this one in order to upload and download coordinates.

I have downloaded coordinates but do not know how to turn a drawing into a format in order to upload it and start setting out immediately on site. I am using AutoCAD LT 2006. If anyone could help ASAP!!! as we want to know if it will work for us and save us alot of time on site setting out as i run the works as well as doing the setting out. 180 piles when inputting one coordinate at a time takes a long time on site.

Any help would be very very much appreciated

Richard Harrison

My company have engineers who do some survey work and they give me the survey in DXF format.

Also welocme to the forum.

I have downloaded coordinates but do not know how to turn a drawing into a format in order to upload it and start setting out immediately on site. I am using AutoCAD LT 2006.

I am not sure that you can turn a drawing into a format for uploading. What I do is to pick off the coordinates of the points, then upload a fixed point file. If you were to use full AutoCAD, then there have been numerous lisp routines to help with extracting coordinates.

Have you asked Leica how it should be done? :?