Fatal error: out of memory

chelsea1307

Im publishing an entire job to pdf's, publishing about 10 pages at a time, im about halfway through and now im getting autocad out of memory i select yes to cancell operation and it still crashes. Are there any files that i need to clean out? or something i can do. It worked fine for the first half and now is having problems

running:

Dell Preision M6300

Intel Cor 2 duo CPU

T9300 @ 2.5 Ghz

772Mhz, 3.00Gb of ram

Problem seems to have been one of the drawings i was trying to publish, tried straight from that drawing and it crashed had to individually plot each layout. Now it seems to be running fine. Wait i typed to soon it did it again

Now I cant even plot a single page through the plotter without the fatal error. Im gonna restart and see if that helps any

I get this issue on certain layouts as well. Usually it is one with many viewports (7+). I think the problem is caused by AutoCAD still trying to draw thse objects not visible in the viewport. Try going in to each viewport individually and freezing ANY layers not visible/necessary for that viewport. This hasn't solved all my problems. But it does seem to yield increased performance.

I installed service pack three, its not helping, I cant even open two drawings at the same time now. I cleaned out the temp file to try to free up some memory, not doing me a whole lot of good though

chelsea1307

I have found several posts at different forums for the same problem. It seems at this point there is no conclusion as to what the fix is. Its probably a fix in waiting.The forums I saw were at Autodesk and Adobe. Kinda tells you where this is at. Your best bet for now it seems is a temporary work around.

I took a break for lunch and came back and it worked fine. Maybe it just needed to cool down. Thanks for looking around Buzzard I looked around here at the similar threads and they seemed un answered too.