tool palette

alijahed

Hi All,

If there is an answer out there for the question that I'm going to ask, it's going to be awesome! :shock:

1. I created a tab in the Tool Palettes
  2. By drag and drop from Design Center I put some blocks from different drawings in to it(let's call them "main drawings").
  3. The great thing that I've noticed that was about updating the Tool Palette (like the same thing happen on Xref) when I did some changes in those "main drawings"!

and finally a question came to my mind and I'm trying to explain it in the following by an example:

Imagine I start from scratch with File>New

then using that tool Palette which I created before and drop some of those blocks from it in to my drawing.

then save the drawing as "drawing1.dwg" and exit.

now I realize that I have to change something in one of those "main drawings" which a block in the Tool Palette came from it.

after doing the changes the Tool palette Automatically updates (as I mentioned in 3) but it was great like Xref the next time I open the "Drawing1.dwg" that updating, happened automatically as well.

Is there any way for doing that? or the only way is using Design Center and redefine the block?

Please ask me if you need some more details about the situation.

I'm really lookforward to finding an answer for that.

Cheers

Ali

Ahh, you mean when the tool pallet item is updated it automatically updates previous drawings that the item was used in.

mmmmm, i'd love this idea.

Im going to fiddle around.

I can see that could be quite dangerous... if the block was updated away from it's master drawing(s), but simultaneously someone else was working on the master, you could end up with something of a problem...

Ahh, you mean when the tool pallet item is updated it automatically updates previous drawings that the item was used in.

mmmmm, i'd love this idea.

Im going to fiddle around.

exactly right, please find the solution

I can see that could be quite dangerous... if the block was updated away from it's master drawing(s), but simultaneously someone else was working on the master, you could end up with something of a problem...

if like xref inform you then I think no problem.

I think the benefit out of it is so much.

Cheers