IGES Files

ziemerd

Thanks for the help. I've been instructed to forward the drawing to our ProE dept and have them convert it and make an IGES file that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have troubles going in and out of IGES files that were created by another. Mainly in that the line ends did not "exactly" meet one another, and thus polylines did not work. As there was zero actual connection, I can thn see the situation on a poly line. They sure "looked" good but in teh end caused conversion problems. Sometimes I would only have to move the IGES generated lines less than .001 but it was enough to create a Non- situation for a polyline. According to the original software, and then the IGES conversion, the figures were one. A closed polyline. But once you converted into or out of Acad and to a IGES then things shifted.

Wm.

I had simmilar problems in Rhino with Iges files from some yacht design programs. Curvature analysis would show some very small (in mm) but steep fluctuations near sharp corners. Also small gaps, so hydrostatics said the boat would sink :)

Rebuild + Retrim would fix it.