Points in surface, but not in definition of

einsteinwaswrong

I have some test pit level data ,(we excavated down to hard material, then collected these levels via GPS). The points don't seem to be in the surface definition, but they are in the surface itself.

Just wondering how I might deal with non contourable points such as these without have to delete surface points 1 at a time.

Why were they added to the surface to begin with? If they were just brought in with other survey information, they should have just been excluded... i dont recall if you can do a crossing to remove points in a surface....

Yes well, the points were never added to the surface intentionally, the contours make it look as if they are in the surface definition - there are actually surface points - but they are not in the definition anywhere.

The points were just imported via a CSV file - the point group was not added to the surface definition, but the points have turned up in the surface anyway! It is as if the system has said to itself which surface do these belong to? And then added the points to my surface.

It also seems that If I add a point manually with the mouse & give it a level - then it is added to the surface without me having included it in the definition.

Hope this is not too confusing.

Thanks to all for your help so far.

Well look it's all my fault, I found a point group which included points 1 -9999 and my test pits were within this range.

I have since reorganised the way I use Point Groups for surfaces - I have a Point Group called contourable & include into this all the Point Groups I wish to have in my surface. The Point Groups are defined by the point numbers that come from the CSV download & not by anything else.

Hope this is useful for other people who have had this problem.