Bug in drawing???

Emily_83

Hey there all,

wondering if you guys have had this problem and know the answer if there is one ??:?

In one of our drawings here at work, there seems to be a bug making me not able to select certain bits of text, it has happened before where it was like 5 different bits of mtext and even some lines etc, and to get around it i opened a new drawing copied my drawing in to it and rewrote the text and redrew the lines etc etc, and never had the problem again. but noway am i wanting to do that again as i don't have the time (although if worst comes worse and it's my only outcome i will do it)

when i select all (ctrl A) it selects the bits i couldn't before, but then when i press escape and then try to select the text in question ........Nothing. it's as though they are part of the black background. i try the move command, erase command and still does nothing the text is stuck there

a few things to work with:

1. the text/lines are not on defpoints

2. are not locked

3 are not masked.

any help would be fantastic

Cheers

Emily:shock:

• 3 weeks later...

Emily,

Any chance the text is an x-ref?

Have you tried simply editing the text (change a word, add an number, etc.)? Will it let you do that? If not, it may be part of a block that you're not seeing all of due to the zoom level or something. If you can edit the text, then you got something really hinkey going on.