System variable read only

cadguyfrompti

Well, i finally got sick of having to reselect items during modifying properties etc and got a little crazy to figure out why it acts that way. The conclusion I've made is that the system variable "DIASTAT" must be doing it. If I load Mechanical desktop normal(software doesn't deselect then), the value for this field is "1 - read only". When i load ShipContructor 2008, the value magically changes to "0 - read only".

Acad help says:

DIASTAT

Stores the exit method of the most recently used dialog box.

0 Cancel

1 OK

Now, how on earth or can I fix the software to make it so as it loads as 1 instead of 0 at this value?

Are you sure it's related to DIASTAT? I have no idea about the command but mine is also set to 1 and I have no problem with adjusting properties. I assume you're meaning changing the properties dialogue box? Are you certain it's not related to PICKADD or PICKFIRST system variables?