Placing text acurately

richard3009

I wish to place mulitiline text with middle center justification precisely in the centre of a rectangle how is this done.

THANKYOU IN ADVANCVE

In your rectangle, draw a diagonal line from one corner to the opposite corner.

Create your MText entity (remembering to give it the justification you require).

Click the MText entity, select the grip at the justification point, and move it to the midpoint of the diagonal line you created above.

Erase the diagonal line.

struggling here, when using the multiline placement box I click on opposite corners of the rectangle but the text goes anywhere but in the rectangle

I click on the multiline text placement icon, I then click on each diagonal corner of the rectangle, and this would normally create a multiline box where I could justify my text to suit, but it all gone belly up

sure I can do that, but it must be possible to place the text in the correct place first time

Yes i use that button and it gives me midpoint, I have sussed what was wrong when placing the multiline box the default text size is set at 100mm instead of 2.5mm, how do I clear that dropdown list and make 2.5 my default

When creating the MText, after you have picked the first corner of the rectangle (and BEFORE you click the second corner of the rectangle) enter H at the commandline, and set your text height to your desire.

This will then become the default for all future MText creations for that particular drawing.

Great stuff thats sorted it thankyou, is it possible to purge that text dropdown list that contains all your previous used text sizes.

I use a tool button with this macro

^C^C(initdia)(COMMAND ".MTEXT" PAUSE "J" "MC")

After picking the button, simply snap to the opposite corners of the rectangle with endp or int osnaps.