AutoCAD in Excel/Access

vweavers

I am interested in making a 'catalog' of profiles our company has, using either Excel or Access. For the catalog purposes, the Excel or Access Database would use a simple 2D polyline profile created in each AutoCAD drawing.

If I copy a polyline, and insert it into Excel- The polyline takes up only about 5% of the entire block that is inserted into the spreadsheet. This isn't suitable for being able to put 20+ 'thumbnails' on a cataloged page.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on the subject? We have nearly a thousand profiles to catalog, so we don't want to spend an inordinate amount of time on each profile. I'm a self-taught AutoCAD user- I'd classify myself as an intermediate user.

Thanks!

Vince

Why not scale them to the actual size you need them to print out at then copy and paste into the correctly sized merged cells. Its how have done it in the past. Hope this helps.

Workshop info.JPG

Are your profiles individual drawings that display a preview thumnail?

If so have a look at a program of mine called DwgGrid - it will allow you to save your selected previews to a jpg that could then be inserted into the excel spreadsheet.