Attribute Title Block

Herewegoagain

Hi can anybody help a newcomer ??

Im trying to make myself a new titleblock to use at work, I have neatened up the one we are currently using, but am now stuck:?.

In the bottom right hand corner there is the info part of the titleblock, this is an attribute containing all the drawing information.

The attribute has a tag (which is visible, but not editable)

A prompt (neither visable or editable)

and the value. (visible and editable)

When you click on the attribute it opens the enhanced attribute editor and all the tags and prompts are there ready to be input.

can anybody tell me how I re-create this attribute?

Many thanks in advance

Andy

You could just create a new block with attributes from scratch delete the old one or use the block editor to modify the block parameters regarding visibility and default values. Not really sure of your question.

I think that is probably what I want to do but I don't know how to do it? I know how I want the 'paper' to look and would know how to create the block but how would I create the attributes? Hope this makes more sense.

look into the ATTDEF command

Also, HELP files look up define attributes - same thing just spelled out rather than as a command.

Located DRAW, BLOCK, DEFINE ATTRIBUE (side flyout from BLOCK)

A hint about picking your new attributes to put in your new block...select them in the order you want to input to a new block and/or the order you want to see them in the editor. If you forget to do that - don't worry you can use the BATTMAN command and change the order there.

Thanks guys, i'm not in again until tuesday so will have another go then armed with the help and info you've given!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everybody that contributed, you been really helpful, I think I got it sorted now! Cheers Andy