Need information

Philly53

I am fairly new to autocad. I run cad 2009 for a landscape and design program that i use for my business. I really do not have much of a problem getting by doing my design in model space. I now there is a lot more to learn but that will come. My problem is going from model to paper to set up the drawing for plotting. Right now i plot to a pdf (pdf995) and then have it printed later. I struggle with get the page set up to print. For example ( adding title block, and getting it to the right size in the preveiw. I was wandering if i should get some training in the basics and or if there is some other form of help with the problem.

Set up your title block in paperspace at a scale of 1:1 ie actual size then open a mview window at the scale you want the final plot to be. Then plot the paperspace titleblock at 1:1

We use an A1 title block sheet 841x594mm. To plot A3 1/2 size we use a plot scale of 1:2 for the whole titlebock the window is still then at a correct scale but 1/2 the A1 scale.

A1 at say 1:250 now 1:500 at A3

• 3 weeks later...