Renders are too dark

Dorian

Hey everyone. I want your advices a little bit. I'm trying to make realistic renders, i followed some tutorials from other users, but when i turn the sun on and sky background and illumination, i get a realistic results but they are to dark, and this is where i need your help.

How do i make them as they are only brighter?

37.jpg

I have seen some renderings where they add lights to the inside...

You may want to see how you add lights because that way you can brighten the room.

Just adding a single spotlight outside the window, shining into the room will do a lot for the render. Then, if necessary, you can add a few low intensity point lights to help brighten up any excessively dark spots.

Actually your room is more lighter than your render!

If you want to do like that first you should check your window size

& window glass material.Glass can filter to reduce your sun intensity.

So first you should render with without widow glass.

If this case is better light condition to your scene,you should adjust

your glass material setting.Then you can increase your sun intensity

& adjust direction !:)

P.s..Do you turn on GI(photon) from your render setting?

Crank your settings up. Make sure your global illumination is on. Then I usually put my photons up to 1000-2000. And set the depth, reflections and refractions to 9. Then change your final gather from 'auto' to 'on'. Set the rays to 2500 or more. Then under 'Light Properties' boost your photons to 50,000 or higher, and set the light energy to 2-4. do a couple of test renders on the 'draft' with these settings to get an idea of how much light you're getting. If your light energy is set to 2 and it's still too dark, bump it up until you have enough light. (I like to create 2 new custom render settings. Both have these higher settings but one is 'draft' and one is 'Presentation'. this will make it easier to adjust one setting at a time without having to go through and change everything again.) the last thing you want to do is go into your sun properties and change the number of shadow samples from 8 to around 40. This will probably increase your render time by quite a bit. So make sure you do your test renders on draft before you go for presentation. Hope this helps.

thanks for your replies.

GI and FG were ON.

Sun and background and illumination were on.

The rest was autocad standard setting.

Here's the new render with some new settings.

GI on, with photons/sample: 1000, radius OFF.

FG ON, rays 100

light properties: 100.000

energy multiplier: 3

38.jpg

Looks better. I would still increase your rays though. I would also bump your Light property photons to 50000.00 or higher.

Looks better. I would still increase your rays though. I would also bump your Light property photons to 50000.00 or higher.

I think also that i need more light. SO I'll do what you say and post it again.

Thanks.

I'd probably stick one in front of each window, I think using an outdoor environment for an indoor scene is a little over kill. The render does look good though.

This book is seriously good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Lighting-Rendering-Jeremy-Birn/dp/0321316312/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243406082&sr=8-2

It's not software specific but it gives you some fantastic tips.

This way is good to be 3ds max,maya..etc.But not best way for acad.

The best light source for Interior scene with sunlight for acad is "Sun" & sky illumination.

Example ..sun soft shadow is more lovely than spot light shadow!...:)

your probably right there, I use Max and Mental Ray for rendering and assumed it would be the same in AutoCAD