XREF not showing up in paper space

Bruce G Jackson

Gentlemen, and Ladies.....

I have a few drawings that I need some help with.

I'm using the xref command to load the building outline on some building lighting plans. (All lighting equipment on various layers, building outline on just one layer, and xref'd).

The problem i'm having is that the xref layer does not show up in paper space. Looks great in model space, but nothing in paper space. Any idea on where I should be looking to fix this?

No layers are frozen, or turned off.

Thanks

Bruce.

Yep, very sure.

A little more info...

I originally drew these drawings by cutting and pasting the building outline.

Now that I'm up to speed on the xref command I want to go back and delete the building outline and then replace it with an xref.

All works well, except the paper space glitch.

Another update.

I deleted the viewport, created a new viewport, and the building outline appears just fine. Is this something I have to live with, or am I missing something here?

If you are re-using old viewports, Simply double click on the viewport and Zoom to Extents, Then type PS. You can now just select the viewport at this stage and set its scale. The viewport may have been set to a differnt area of Model Space and that was possibly the reason you did not see you XREF.