Corrupted file in Autocad 2000i - Generating DWG's from layers

razvan153

Hi guys,

I am using autocad 2000i and need to make each layer from one DWG into separate DWG`s. I am using an LSP file to do this. This LSP worked for 2 files but for other 2 it did not. For both files I can copy but paste does not work in the same layer and I cannot paste anything from one DWG to an other. Someone told me that the file is corrupted so I tried to audit it but the result was no errors and I cannot recover the file because the original BAK is not available. I also searched for different tools that generate DWG`s from layers but they do not generate them as I would need. So my question is how can I really find if the DWG is corrupted and how can I make it work again.

Thanks in advance for the help.:D

This may be a long shot, but was the file that wont copy created in a vertical product, or when you open the original do you get a message about proxy objects. In the past I have had many problems copying objects that were proxys.

The file is a stand-alone and the problems I get are from the original file. The strange thing is that I do not receive any error message or warning :(.

Might check and see if any of the layers are locked. If they are you can't copy or otherwise edit the objects on those layers.

The layers are not locked. I there any way to see if a layer is corrupt and repair it?

Not that I'm aware of, though some of the others might have more info. I really don't think you've got a file corruption problem or you probably wouldn't be able to open the drawing at all. It would take very little damage to the drawing file to render it completely unusable, so I doubt that's your problem.

IF you haven't tried this before, here's a suggestion that might straighten it out. Do a cold restart of your computer, then open a new drawing from a template you know to be correct. Then insert the troublesome drawing into the new one as you would a block (exploded of course), do a "save as" and name it something else. Follow that with a several "purge all" just to make sure any unreferenced elements are removed and save it again. Then close it, (that will get rid of the undo information), reopen the drawing and see if you can edit then.

Thank you Jack for the info. The solution is good 98%, but for the other 2%:D I am getting something strange. I have to main layers which are not fully drawn although they were properly inserted and purged. Any clue why this happened?

But once more the solution worked well :) (for 98%)

Thank you Jack for the info. The solution is good 98%, but for the other 2%:D I am getting something strange. I have to main layers which are not fully drawn although they were properly inserted and purged. Any clue why this happened?

But once more the solution worked well :) (for 98%)

I'm glad that helped, but I really don't have any idea without actually seeing the drawings and being able to tinker with them a bit why the objects and layers you mentioned are behaving that way. That is strange.