Make drawing in decimal feet

scottkelley80

How do I get the units from feet and inches (e.g. 0'0") to decimal feet (0.00')? I've tried the "units" window, but still won't put things in decimal feet.

Just out of curiousity when you are inputting your distances what exactly are you typing? For example, let's say you are putting in the distance 3 feet 7 and one-half inches. What do you type?

One AutoCad drawing unit = one whatever unit you want it to be. In your case that unit is equal to decimal feet. For someone else that unit might be inches, meters, or light years.

One AutoCad drawing unit = one whatever unit you want it to be. In your case that unit is equal to decimal feet. For someone else that unit might be inches, meters, or light years.

Scotty I need warp speed NOW! :lol:

I just type in UNITS. [Then return]

Then hit the number 2 for decimal.

This will automatically convert everything in your drawing to that system of measurement. You can insert distances in fractions, but they round off and get converted.

Wm.