A LeeMac Inspired LISP

bradb

PFDRAW.zip

I checked out LeeMac's PFDRAW routine and did like it very much. However it did not go with what I wanted for a couple of reasons

1. All the variables are metric sizes I draw in inches.

2. I deal with all sizes of pipes and flanges.

Please do not take that the wrong way. Major Props to LeeMac.

So I decided to give a shot a making a pipe routine and I'll post it here. I am working on one that will do all flange types and sizes. Its only half done but works well so far.

Feel free to check out this routine tell me what you think. Even if it sucks I can take it.

PIPE is command name. Will draw sizes from 1/8 to 48 with available schedules. It does call for layers "OBJ" and "HID"

Edited by bradb

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bradb

• Lee Mac

• mdbdesign

• Lectral

Just a tip ~

I realise that in my original code I used multiple IF statements to set variables - but I was new to coding and that was one of the first programs I wrote.

If you look at the newest version of the LISP (in the AutoLISP Archive) you will notice that I use COND statements to do the same job.

This is tidier and much better coding practice :thumbsup:

Lee

Just a tip ~

I realise that in my original code I used multiple IF statements to set variables - but I was new to coding and that was one of the first programs I wrote.

If you look at the newest version of the LISP (in the AutoLISP Archive) you will notice that I use COND statements to do the same job.

This is tidier and much better coding practice :thumbsup:

Lee

Thanks for the tip. Thats why I joined this site to learn more about LISP. I have used the cond in other routines but when I saw you using the if and progn I thought thats what I should have be doing so thats why I used them. I see now what you mean because I have now become strangely good at copy and paste. lol

Thanks again for all the help

Thanks for the tip. Thats why I joined this site to learn more about LISP. I have used the cond in other routines but when I saw you using the if and progn I thought thats what I should have be doing so thats why I used them. I see now what you mean because I have now become strangely good at copy and paste. lol

Thanks again for all the help

As I say -

I would not really use this LISP as a learning tool - as I wrote it a long time ago (original version dates back to September last year), and I was new to LISP back then. So the techniques used in the LISP are not really good programming practice.

I rewrote some of it in the latest version (in the archive), but I am still not all that proud of it.

As I say -

I would not really use this LISP as a learning tool - as I wrote it a long time ago (original version dates back to September last year), and I was new to LISP back then. So the techniques used in the LISP are not really good programming practice.

I rewrote some of it in the latest version (in the archive), but I am still not all that proud of it.

Well I'm looking at it now and I am impressed.

Just kidding. I am imperial guy too (and command line). Got to keep it hidden from my boss and take time to draw flanges:lol::lol:

Just kidding. I am imperial guy too (and command line). Got to keep it hidden from my boss and take time to draw flanges:lol::lol:

So did you try out the routine. Is it ok for a first timer?

Just to point out - my original LISP can be very easily modified to be imperial Standards -

All the variables are set at the top of the program, (obviously you may need to investigate to to which measurements relate to what - most is self-explanatory), but these can be changed to suit :D

Just to point out - my original LISP can be very easily modified to be imperial Standards -

All the variables are set at the top of the program, (obviously you may need to investigate to to which measurements relate to what - most is self-explanatory), but these can be changed to suit :D

Yeah. And I original start by modified your original. But then decided to do from scratch. I did however put your disclaimer in it. It made my laugh cause we have a running joke here about calling your mother.

Calling my mother....? :unsure:

oops sorry that disclaimer came for anothers lisp. Not sure why I thought it was your pipe lips sorry

Hahaha, just saw the disclaimer - absolutely fantastic - eat your vegetables and call your mother :D

Don't forget don't drink and drive. I know I paid for it.