Problem Creating 3D Object

JoshK

Hello Guys & Gals, I am pretty stuck, and was wondering if someone could help me. I have created an object, which I have attached to this post. The problem I am having is making the object one piece and in 3D, I have tried joining the pieces together and extruding, and switching to Isometric SE viewport, but it doesn't seem to work. If anyone could give me a hand with this piece, and just explain how they did it, I would appreciate it very much!

Thank you very much, for whatever help you can contribute!

Josh :)

Foot Of Bike Stand.dwg

You have used combinations of hatch, solids and surfaces. Use all solids. You might go through the tutorials in my signature. This stuff should have been covered in your training.

Thank you very much, I will give this a try. I appreciate your help very much, it's great having such AutoCAD genius's around! Once again, thank you guys!

Edit: I did it, and here is my results, thanks again guys!

Footstand.jpg

Not a problem Josh.

Another hint would be,

Try not to use the Line command when doing 3d.

Stick to pollylines & closed shapes like Rectangle and Circle. Extruding these will give you a true solid.

Not a problem Josh.

Another hint would be,

Try not to use the Line command when doing 3d.

Stick to pollylines & closed shapes like Rectangle and Circle. Extruding these will give you a true solid.

Actually I would not even use Extrude for something like this. Presspull is faster (one operation instead of extrude and subtract) and presspull isn't finicky about lines, polylines, arcs, circles, splines or any combination.

Oh ok thank you, I've got it now!

The only thing I need to know now, isn't about 3D modeling, but I don't see a point in making another thread. So here is my question, how do you get your model into the paper space so you can put it into like a third angle projection, with a solid model in the top right hand corner? With a title block and everything, I need to learn for my job. Once again thank you for any help!