Save Location

Robertpse

Hi All

Just a quick question. When I do a new drawing from scratch and I want to save it, the location for the saved drawing is always shown as `My Documents`. How do I change the default location of where my new drawings are saved to ie Desktop ?

Many Thanks

Robert

When you save a drawing to a certain location ACAD remembers it; then, the next time you save a drawing it goes back to the last location that you saved a drawing to. At least I think that's right. I'm not sure about a hard written default that drawings always get saved to except for Autosave location.

Thanks Ryder. I noticed already saved drawings when modified etc go to the location that they were originally saved to. The pain in the backside for me is that any new drawing I do is automatically saved (by deault I presume) to my documents. I want to set the default to save to say Desk Top but cant seem to find where I change this.

Thanks Again

How are you starting up AutoCAD?

Not sure if this will work but if you start up acad from a shortcut see if changing the "start in" under properties of the shortcut helps.

Or if you are starting from the Start menu again locate the actual shortcut and modify.