Center Mark for Several Circles at Once

ziemerd

Is it possible to put a center mark on multiple circles instead of one at a time?

Thanks.

Dawn

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mdbdesign

• ziemerd

• drwhite

• Cad64

Have you tried?

I don't have Autocad in front of me at the moment, but try it out and see if it works. Manually select some circles, or use QSELECT, and then click the center mark button and see what happens.

Cad64 I tried your suggestion but it deselects everything when I click on Center Mark so it didn't work.

mdbdesign Thanks for the LISP it worked like a charm!

Dawn

Well...I got the LISP to work once but now I can't remember how I did it and can't repeat it. Could you tell me what I need to do after I paste the LISP into the command line?

Type cce for circle lisp ( select - window all circle ) and cle for elipse. You need to load lisp once per sesion.

Aha...I got it. I was pasting the LISP in the command line and I was typing cce but nothing was happening. Now I know.

Thanks.

Dawn

Cad64 I tried your suggestion but it deselects everything when I click on Center Mark so it didn't work.

Right, I just tried it and I see what you mean.

Well...I got the LISP to work once but now I can't remember how I did it and can't repeat it. Could you tell me what I need to do after I paste the LISP into the command line?

How to load and run lisp routines: http://www.cadtutor.net/faq/questions/28/How+do+I+use+an+AutoLISP+routine%3F

Thanks Cad64. This was the first LISP I'd ever used so the info on the link was a great help.

• 4 years later...

Well, if this can draw one line vertical and one line horizontal based on the hole size and position, it looks like

it could be changed to draw a "proper" center mark with a line dash line, horizontal and vertical. Picky I know,

but why not do it right if you're going to do it.

You can also load the Autolisp to start -up every time you start Autocad by loading it into Start up Suite at the bottom right of the Load Lisp Dialog Box.

I use a block to do hole circles (with center marks). (attributes too)

Or I have another .lsp routine that draws a "proper" center as you draw the hole,

any size, no blocks. (load "holeacen"), then type holeacen at command prompt.

Draws any size hole with center.

HOLACEN.LSP

You can also load the Autolisp to start -up every time you start Autocad by loading it into Start up Suite at the bottom right of the Load Lisp Dialog Box.

Have done with dozens and dozens of lsp routines I have created.

Or I have another .lsp routine that draws a "proper" center as you draw the hole,

any size, no blocks. (load "holeacen"), then type holeacen at command prompt.

Draws any size hole with center.

She was asking for multiply holes. Did you try lisp from post #3? Is it proper?

I use a block to do hole circles (with center marks). (attributes too)

Hmmmm.... the more i think about this the more i like it. think perhaps i'll make one when i get home today.

just 1 block JD? scaled on insertion to suit?

...just 1 block JD? scaled on insertion to suit?

No, could do it that way, but I use a limited set of fasteners, so I have a pre-sized block for each.