Dynamic Blocks

Daydreamer

I'm trying to edit a block in the dynamic block editor and using the visibility states manager . Adding the visibility parameter to the block and entering many states to the mix . When I close the block editor and save it , but when I insert it in a dwg. the list grip dosn't come along for the ride. Before I left the editor I checked the visstate. drop dn. menu and all the states where on the list that I wanted but no list to use in the drawing after insertion . What Im I doing wrong. T.X.

Ok Ryder76, I did just the opposite and it worked . Thanks for the lead . You see when I created the Dyn.block I was instructed to explode it (why ?, I don't know that yet. ) when inserting it in as I created a new visibility state . So when I bring my new Dyn. block up to insert into a dwg. the explode option was checked as when I created it . But thanks to you I messed with undoing the explode option and now the list that I created shows , go figure ?. Thanks again .:D

Yea - go figure. I'm new to DB's myself and haven't gotten my head around the whole explode thing yet. If I make a DB by bmake inside a dwg and then save the dwg when I insert it I have to explode it to get it to work. When I make a DB by saving as inside the block editor and insert the DB I don't have to explode it. I don't understand it, but at least I can make a DB!:? :lol:

I guess I'll figure it out eventually.:lol:

Thanks guys , being a beginner and in the lessons part of my journey . I find that getting my head around some of this stuff can make me feel pretty stupid , as A.E. would say . Over and over again , I seem to have some issues with my program . It will do the functions as needed on some exercises then it occasionally not work as normal , making for a nightmare !.