Create a landscape mesh surface?

Doove

Hi all

I have a survey drawing in 3D; the contours are 3D polylines.

The topo itself is of a square area of a hillside so the countours run through and are not closed.

I would appreciate anyone's input on how to use these contours to create a landscape mesh surface or a solid.

I'm not having much success with Loft etc.

There are also lots of spot height blocks and I remember using a script to create a surface when I trained. Could I export the blocks x,y,z coords to a text file then run a script to create a mesh? The spot heights are not in a regular grid.

Anyone done that before?

Cheers

Doove

• 7 years later...

I have exactly the same problem.

Have you had any luck working out a way to do it?

I have been creating a "grid" that uses 2d polylines with 50 or so cross sections - but this isnt perfect and takes ages.

I have a survey drawing in 3D; the contours are 3D polylines.

For me you dont have a 3d drawing you just have plines with z's.

There are a few different ways to make 3dfaces interpreting all the vertice points, for me its CIV3D. But as you do not have that search here for Triang*.lsp by YMG which is a triangulation program. "TriangV0.5.9.lsp" you will need to convert your plines to 3d points again search for "Vertices of a pline.lsp"