+ Reply to Thread
    JohnBob

Default Automatically generating 3rd angle views of 3d solid

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

I think this is a really basic question but I'm stuck anyway.

I have made a 3d solid of a part I have designed and now I want to create some orthogonal 3rd angle projections of it. I rember from when I was at Uni that there is a simple way of doing this where you start off with a view (plan for example) and then you can move the mouse around the screen and it will generate the corresponding view automatically. Then you just plonk it wherever you want on the page.

I'm really struggling with this, I can make a four viewport layout and then stick different views in them but this is not what I want.

I'm using R14 btw.

Thanks in advance,

John

Using
    not specified

Default Re: Automatically generating 3rd angle views of 3d solid

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBob
    I think this is a really basic question but I'm stuck anyway.

I have made a 3d solid of a part I have designed and now I want to create some orthogonal 3rd angle projections of it. I rember from when I was at Uni that there is a simple way of doing this where you start off with a view (plan for example) and then you can move the mouse around the screen and it will generate the corresponding view automatically. Then you just plonk it wherever you want on the page.

I'm really struggling with this, I can make a four viewport layout and then stick different views in them but this is not what I want.

I'm using R14 btw.

You can utilise the View Toolbar to navigate in your model, saving each as a view. Alternatively in modelspace the command is vpoint...hit return twice this should give you tripod. You can also use dview to create various views. You can also change UCS and create different elevation views, then go to paperspace and in vports insert the views. When you create a drawing like this I tend to dimension in paperspace. Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance,

John

Using
    AutoCAD 2007

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

I'm not sure I understand you correctly but I think you wanted to switch your viewing angle apart from the standard views.

I'm thinking of DVIEW but you can try 3DO tho I can't remember if R14 has it.
    erona

"AutoCAD habangbuhay" not anymore... moved to Vectorworks>Cinema4D

Just got back to AutoCAD. Modeling directly in C4D.