converting xref file fr. CTB to STB Issues!!

crosscad

Hello All/Anyone,

I set up a .stb template for my office. When we recieve files from outside sources they are almost always .ctb files. I have converted the plot style before attaching the xref. In our office template we use the plot style AIA LWT by Object; when I tried to convert the .ctb file it said it could not convert to that plot style b/c it did not have color mapping. Is there a way to convert .ctb files to the plot style I would like to plot with in my template? I'm confused? I brought the xref in on a layer and the layer plot style is set to plot black with my template but the xref still plots in color and I'm not sure what is overriding what?? :huh:

Any help or suggests, comments would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in Advance:D

I just looked at the original .ctb file that was sent to me in the layer manager the plot style is list as Color_7 and is greyed out and I cannot click on it to read about plot style info. ...does this mean anything???

Use the convertctb command in a file set up to use CTB, when it asks for the file name to create use a unique name, I use one called Convert.stb. Now edit the Convert.stb, rename the styles given with the exact names of the ones found in the AIA .stb that you mentioned.

Now when you use CONVERTPSTYLES you will point to the Convert.stb because it has the mapping. The first time you change a layer to another style point to the AIA stb. Because all the styles in the convert are in the AIA the transition over is smooth.