Polyline global width keeps showing up as 1"

ammobake

I'm wondering what the heck is going on here.

Really frustrating.

When I draw a pline the global width is always 1" no matter what I draw. Can't seem to figure out why. I haven't had this problem in this drawing before.

When I draw rectangles, circles, or polygons the 1" global width doesn't ever apply. This makes me think this is a linetype-related issue.

But I've gone into linetype manager to check all the properties for global width and scale factors. Everything is set to default properties. The default linetype is set at "by layer".. Scale factors are 1.0 for all linetypes.

Lineweight settings

set to default "By Layer" using Millimeter units with default lineweight of 0.00mm . No box here for global width settings. That only seems to be shown in the linetype manager. I'm aware that the global width property is completely separate from the normal lineweight settings but is there any way to alter the global width properties of a polyline back to default? "Lineweight Settings" and "Lineweight Manager" are no help to me here.

All other lines and splines don't draw the 1" global width like it does when I use the pline command. Whether or not the polyline is closed doesn't seem to matter either.

Ironically, when I do an autocad help search for "global width", NOTHING comes up. Thanks in advance for any help.

-ChriS

(UPDATE)

Wow..

I think I fixed the problem now.

What a headache this one was to figure out.

As it turns out, our new autocad intern has been messing with the polyline widths. Whenever you select a polyline start point, you can press W, Enter, and set the start and end widths for that polyline. But those width dimensions you provide upon drawing the polyline will apply to any future polylines you will ever draw in said drawing.. Not just the one you are drawing.

You learn something every day, LOL!

He owes me a case of beer on this one!

-ChriS