EXport lines from drawing to .lin file???

Hello, anybody knows how to export or extract lines (all in drawing) from drawing to separate .lin file??? Maybe it was theme in this forum but didn't see it...:cry:

It sounds like you received a drawing from some other source with custom linetypes that you like so much you want them for your own. Is this correct?

I think you may need a LISP routine to do that. There is one posted here:

http://forums.cadalyst.com/showthread.php?t=5601

Page down to the entry by jonwilli. He has posted a routine called LLTYPES.LSP written by Greg Oliver. I can't tell you that it will work for sure in 2004 but give it a try.

Another place to look for LISP routines is cadalyst magazine in their CAD Tips section.

I thought that you had to have the .LIN file on your system to display the line correctly in the drawing. If so, you don't need to export the definition file, you only need to locate it on your hard drive.

It sounds like you received a drawing from some other source with custom linetypes that you like so much you want them for your own. Is this correct?

Yep, I received it and it is very usable for my job, so wanna complete it in one .lin file, the problem is that I received couple od different .dwg and .dwt files and want to extract all interesting lines to one file:geek:

I think you may need a LISP routine to do that. There is one posted here:

http://forums.cadalyst.com/showthread.php?t=5601

Page down to the entry by jonwilli. He has posted a routine called LLTYPES.LSP written by Greg Oliver. I can't tell you that it will work for sure in 2004 but give it a try.

Another place to look for LISP routines is cadalyst magazine in their CAD Tips section.

I found it also couple days ago and I tried that lisp, but it couldn't extract lines to .lin file, so every time I must open with exact .dwt file where I have all these lines, maybe to ask in LISP section on forum, maybe someone there can help us with LISP soultion, thx for your time ReMark:D