Attributes

Daydreamer

Attaching attributes to a block , I can't get it to work out . I define a attribute(s) and try to redfine the block with new attributes and it doesn't fly. I know I'm doing something stupid but?. Also in my student version I seem to have occurences when a command will function properly and then in the next project the same command doesn't work . Not changing any settings me and my instructors are stumped , and quite frankly I'm just spinning my wheels. Sounds lame I know but true , any thoughts ?. I have spent some time looking thru the search function for answers , not to create another redundent thread . But I guess I did , sorry .:oops:

how are you adding the attributes to the block?

I would normally create my ATTDEFs and then create the block including the ATTDEFs.

If I had to add them to a block I would select BEDIT and then create the ATTDEF.

Note, if you add an attribute to an existing block only new insertions of that block will contain the attributes UNLESS you ATTSYNC the block.

Thanks Dave , sometimes I feel like Albert E. himself and then there's this wknds. homework and well (me el stupido ) . At anyrate my project has a block with an attribute attached. So I try to attach others as instructed and the ATTDEF dialog box dosen't recognize it and I can't pick the ALIGN BELOW PREVIOUS ATTRIBUTE DEFINITION , BOX ..... So the wheels a spinning and instead of being ahead of work , I'm way behind . I know it's going to be something really ? easy.T.X.

Daydreamer

I also had problems with the student version of AutoCAD 2008.

I downloaded the service pack and installed it. This solved most of the problems that I encountered.

I do think this will help get the program operating correctly.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10035892&linkID=9240618

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks , I had sent you a reply awhile back and it vanished ? . I apparently have the most recent update and it doesn't cure all the problems but it did help . I'll try to contact autodesk and see if I can get any simpathy ,Ha,ha .....There is alot of issues with the student version , it seems .

If I had to add them to a block I would select BEDIT and then create the ATTDEF.

Note, if you add an attribute to an existing block only new insertions of that block will contain the attributes UNLESS you ATTSYNC the block.

did you do this as stated?

If you don't Bedit first, you can't pick "Align below...."

did you do this as stated? if you don't Bedit first you can't pick "Align below...."

There is alot of issues with the student version , it seems .

There is no difference between student version and commercial version other than watermark banner.