2010 Student License - 2 questions

CADMASTER1128

So I finally my copy of AutoCAD 2010 for Students using the Autodesk Student Community Download Tool. But before I register this product I have 2 questions:

1. Does anyone know how to print so the "Produced using and Autodesk Educational Product" stamp doesn't show up?

2. If I do register 2010 Architecture, would it be possible later change the serial number. (i.e - Purchase the real 2010 and trade the serial number so I would no longer print the stamp)

Thank in advance!

Have a good weekend,

-Steven H.

1. No, that's why it's an educational version.

2. Yes, you can purchase the program at any time. Then just uninstall the educational version and install the commercial version. But any drawings you create with the educational version will always carry the "Educational Product" stamp.

1. Thanks

2. Would the registry recognize that there is and Educational License on the Hard Drive?

You would have to speak with Autodesk about how their licensing works in relation to the educational version. I don't know the specifics. But I don't think you need to do anything other than uninstall the edu version and then install the commercial version.

From the Autodesk documentation:

2.2.4 Educational Institutional Version. If Autodesk identifies the Software as an “Educational Institutional Version” in the applicable User Documentation, You may Install and Access one (1) copy of the Software on up to the Permitted Number of Computers, only for educational purposes (as further specified in the applicable User Documentation) and for no other purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, Educational Institutional Versions of the Software may not be used for commercial, professional, commercial training or other for-profit purposes. Additionally, functional limitations apply, as set forth in Section 6 (Warnings).

2.2.5 Student Version. If Autodesk identifies the Software as a “Student Version” or “Personal Learning Edition” (each, a “Student Version”) in the applicable User Documentation, You may Install and Access a single copy of the Software on up to the Permitted Number of Computers, only for personal learning purposes, and no other purpose. Unless otherwise provided by Autodesk in the User Documentation, Student Versions of the Software may be used for a period of one (1) year from the date You first Install the Software. Without limiting the foregoing, Student Versions of the Software may not be used for commercial, professional or other for-profit purposes and may only be used by persons who qualify as a permitted user of Student Versions (as further specified in the applicable User Documentation for Your Territory). Additionally, functional limitations apply, as set forth in Section 6 (Warnings).

From another website:

Annual licenses of Autodesk student software are not eligible for product upgrade or transfer to a commercial license. Please contact your Autodesk education reseller to verify eligibility for product upgrades and education to commercial transfers.

See here for further discussion of educational plot stamp: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39060