Bending Text

Nick@TE-Direct

Hey Guys-

Is there an easy way to bend text say along a curve. I have a Connection head that I am designing with a cylinder cover and want to have text running along the top of the head. Thanks in advance for any help.

Nick

no probs :) there's loads of usefull text editing tools under the express menu. check them out, that can save you alot of time and fustration, as i've previously found out :D

How about if you want to bend a 3d object. I know this is prob. far fetched but I figured I would ask. I would like to see fi there is a way to bend and existing 3D solid.

Thanks

Upgrade to AutoCAD Inventor.

I don't know enough about autocad to know if that is possible, but im sure somehow it is. Upgrading software completely depends on how it will better your overall experince. If this is a common thing that you need to do then it's maybe worth looking into. Perhaps someone on this 3D board who is a little more experienced can help you :roll:

Z

I don't know enough about autocad to know if that is possible, but im sure somehow it is.

Contradictory statement. You don't know enough about the software - yet you are sure.

There is no Bend Part tool in AutoCAD. Of course it might be possible to model the part "as bent", but that was not the question. The question was if it is possible to bend a solid already created. The short answer is no, the solution is upgrade (or model as bent).

If I couldn't cover the $1300 price difference between vanilla AutoCAD and AutoCAD Inventor in a very short period of time (in the mechanical field) I would change careers.

The short answer is no, I agree. However, depending on what the solid in question is, there might be workarounds in AutoCAD that can be used to achieve a bent result. To get a definite answer, post up a new thread with the actual solid and we'll see if someone knows a trick to do it.

Upgrading to Inventor for one command feels like a bit over the top - even if it's good a program I'm sure. (which I say without knowing, contradicting myself as well I guess.)

Well ofc there is no bend tool in AutoCAD, but it wouldn't be impossible to 'bend' it. Therefore sure, it is possible. Sorry for your misinterpretation of my statement.

And yes, $1300 is alot of dosh if its only this one occassion/thing you're looking to manipulate.