displaying annotative dimensions in a viewport that not the correct scale?????????

MikeP

Ive dimensioned my drawing using an annotative dimension style. Now I would like to show my drawing in a viewport that is not set to the annotative scale. how can I have the viewport ignore the fact that the dimensions are annotative and display all the dimensions anyway????????????

are you saying that you want to display the annotation at a different scale that your viewport will be set to? if so, in the properties palette, you have an option to change either annotation scale and/or viewport scale separately.

are you saying that you want to display the annotation at a different scale that your viewport will be set to? if so, in the properties palette, you have an option to change either annotation scale and/or viewport scale separately.

No, you have it backwards. I dimensioned in model space, now I just want to use a viewport and zoom to fit. Which object am I looking for to change the properties? When I zoom the viewport to the annotated scale, my drawing does not fit. So, I need to use a custom viewport scale, and display the dimensions. Si?

Annotative dimensions will only show for the scales they have set for them. If you need a custom vp scale then grab all the dims and in properties add that custom scale and they will show.

No, you have it backwards. I dimensioned in model space, now I just want to use a viewport and zoom to fit. Which object am I looking for to change the properties? When I zoom the viewport to the annotated scale, my drawing does not fit. So, I need to use a custom viewport scale, and display the dimensions. Si?

zoom to fit then just manually set your viewport annotative scale.

setting.JPG

• 7 months later...