Dimensioning problem - AutoCad2000

Stanier

I am running Autocad 2000 and have copied and pasted a part of an existing drawing into a new drawing. When however I start to add dimensions to the new drawing the dimension is now appearing within an outline box and placed between the dimensioning arrows. How can I remove the outline box outline so that the dimension simply appears between the two arrow heads as before?

Regards

Stanier

Try going into DIMSTYLE > Modify > Text tab. Look under Text Apperance and remove the checkmark in the box for Draw frame around text. Then click on the OK button and return to your drawing. You may have to update some existing entries but new entries should be fine. Does that do it for you?

First thing to do is to check the current "Dimstyle". Maybe you are currently using dimension style which you don't want.

Second, is to use positve value for your DIMGAP variable.

Hi all - Problem solved by unticking the frame box. Can't explain why I did not see it before but there you go.

Many thanks

Stanier