Rotating drawing with dimensions?

dismantle

I have a problem with rotating my drawing. I have lots of dimensions linear and aligned. When I rotate entire drawing for 30 degrees everything's ok but dimensions are everywhere. Can I lock them? How to solve this?

If the drawing is finished you could always COPYBASE to copy your dims at a chosen basepoint, then paste them back in as a block. It's a bit unconventional though, and if they're ever exploded back into separate entities they will go astray again. Could you not have rotated your drawing BEFORE adding the dims?

Also, removing all dimension associativity would probably allow this, as this creates a dimension that is just constituent lines and text. That said, I would not recommend this as a solution.

May I ask why you need to rotate the entire drawing? Is there any way you can just change the UCS so that it displays rotated how you want it without actually rotating all the individual components of the drawing? Doing this should save you the hassle of fixing each dimension.

If the drawing is finished you could always COPYBASE to copy your dims at a chosen basepoint, then paste them back in as a block. It's a bit unconventional though, and if they're ever exploded back into separate entities they will go astray again. Could you not have rotated your drawing BEFORE adding the dims?

Also, removing all dimension associativity would probably allow this, as this creates a dimension that is just constituent lines and text. That said, I would not recommend this as a solution.

Please do not remove associativity of the dimensions... I may have to work with that drawing someday!:?

Yup, you're right. Put me up against the wall and shoot me for even mentioning it! :twisted:

If you worked for me and exploded all the dimensions, that may be the only option.

When I rotate dimensioned entities the dims rotate fine (not jumbled)