Model to Layout

simo2006

I have layout trample with the logo of the company and i have done design in the model space i want to transfer it to the layout.. How??

create a Viewport by typing MVIEW (or finding the Viewport button) in Paper Space. Double-click inside the Viewport to activate it and zoom and pan until you have view you want, then double-click outside the viewport to de-activate it. You can also type MS to activate the viewport and PS to deactivate it.

If I remember correctly there is a tutorial on this site regarding Viewports, that might prove helpful for you.

Thank you very much for your reply,

It works perfectly when I draw something in the model space of the layout that I have BUT because I have standard layout with logo saved in my computer and I received file from someone and I modified it, I am trying to attached my work in the model space to the layout that I have

Thank you

If you are trying to move an object from modelspace to paperspace, try the CHSPACE command. This will switch an object between the view in a viewport or the layout and scale it according to the viewport's scale. Very handy.

Use your xref manager to bring in the drawing as an xref. do this by typing XR or XA. Bring it into your model space and set your viewport up to encompass it. You can scale your viewport to particular scales if you want by typing Z -> S -> 1/(1,2,5,10,20,25,50,100,150,250) these are just example but you can set any custom scale afterwards in the properties box when the viewport is selected.

Z

so...you want yo use an External reference? I'm on my way home right now, and in a rush, but do a search here and or in Help for External Reference and see if that is what you're after. If not, or if you can't found what it is, post back here and someone will help.

Those are pretty much the same expressions that played over my face the first time I heard about it.

Thank you guys for your help,

I have chosen MVIEW and CHSPACE commands but it seems to be nothing in the layout there is one time i saw something small but I could not get it back how can I change the dimension??

by dimension do you mean scale? If so..

try zoom extents, if its still really small then ther is probably something else in the model space very far away from it. if you do select all (CTRL + A) it will show the grips of your objects and the you can zoom into them :)

Try selecting and viewing the properties to see what it is you are trying to zoom in on. Somtimes I have the same problem and there is just a 'point' object somewhere off in space. If this is the case it doesnt matter how much you zoom in on it, it will never get bigger. If it is just a 'point' object delete it and then try zoom - extents.

Guys,

Do you know if I change the scales or the dimensions of the template for layout space how will it work? Or can I match the model space with the layout space by any chance I feed up trying for the last 2 days with zooming small pieces... I got work I have to submit soon.

Go back into model space. Find everything you really want. WBlock it out to the hard drive under a different name (it's saved as a dwg file). Open this drawing file. Now go into paper space and set up your layout.