osnap

Danse_Macabre

I run into this problem frequently at work. The problem is that I want to snap to a line with a line type other than 'continuous', say 'dashed'. Often what happens, especially with the dahsed linetype, is that the point I want to snap to is right in the dashed part of the line, and the 'nearest' snap does not show up.

Is there a setting I can change in CAD so that it interpolates between the dashed areas in the linetype so that I can snap to it? Hopefuly I am being clear enough.

I am using AutoCAD Civil3D 2008

Thanks in Advance

I know the problem, and I am annoyed about it too. But I haven't found a solution for it. The only good news I have found is that Perpendicular and Apparent Intersection works even if those are in the middle of the 'hole'.

yeah, I have also drawn temporary continuous lines over the dashed line, I was hoping there would be some sort of option that would make CAD think there was a continous line there. Oh well.

not a great solutino but changing your lt scale so the line looks continuous while being dashed is an option

Just grab any part of the line that shows, the osnap is there to do the work for you. You don't have to show autocad where the midpoint, perp, etc is, just pick any part of the line.

depending on how long your line is, it should be possible to mouse over MID or END and then use polar tracking to get where you want to go, even if it's in the middle of a gap.