student version and commercial on one comp

chelsea1307

I currently have autocad 2009 on my work comp. I am a student and would like to download a vertical product so i can learn it(my office currently has MEP but only two seats and im not one) I dont plan on producing any files for work, just for learning it to help get a new job. If i download it to my work computer will it affect dwgs that i open through the full version that i already have?

I would expect so. Don't the student versions have that "virus" watermark that infects all future drawings produced on the same machine. You should however be able to download the student version to your home computer. Alternatively can you transfer one of the office licenses for home use in the evening?

I have a student version of 08 That does have the plot stamp. This happens when you open the file with the student version. On my 09 version the the plot stamp is not there. They are both on the same copmuter. When you install a new version do not import the profiles of different versions on the computer.

If you try to open an unstamped file with the student version the plot stamp is added.

Make a copy of the file and open the copy this will prevent the master file from having the plot stamp added.

thanks for the info, I only have a laptop at home, and not a super powerful one at that, it has autocad 2001LT on it and that takes forever to do anything. I dont plan on opening any of our work dwgs on it, only starting from scratch and opening things i started from scratch.