Everything is dark

chelsea1307

I followed Visualization: Basics of Rendering in AutoCAD 2009 from autodesk and when comparing my render to thiers mine is realy dark. I followed everything step by step, except on the manual performance tuneup. It says make sure Full Shadow Dispay is on, and I couldnt get mine to turn on. Is that why all my renders are dark or am i missing something else completely?

Check the section about enabling sky background with illumination. I think it is on page 21 if you printed the material out.

ive attached the dwg. This is my second real attempt at a render i just followed the instructions. My first one was really dark too thats why i found the tutorial to see what i was doing wrong

rendering.dwg

the one i got was much darker then your first one, now it wants to crash my autocad if i can get it working ill post a screen shot of what it looks like

what settings did you change? was my sun really facing the wrong way? i feel like a dork now!

The sun is ok. You should turn Glonbal illumination ON, and Final Gather ON.

Try that and post what you get.

its about a million times better. did you change the material settings? mine doesnt look like yours

untitled.JPG

Do the following:

SUN - ON

SKY - sky background and illumination

Set the render to HIGH

GLobal illumination - ON, rays 500

Final Gather - ON, rays 100.

And render the image.