Slow Autocad

StevenMc

Hi all,

does anyone know how to speed up autocad?

its been running quite slow lately and cant find a solution.

its AutoCAD 2009 im using.

cheers.

S

What's your specs of the computer? There are many factors, but lets start with your hardware first and after that I can better assist you in speeding up AutoCAD, and your computer in general. :-)

Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU

Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz

2.39 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

this what your looking for?

thanks

Yes. Your computer is good enough, although more RAM and a Video Card upgrade would greatly help. It is not needed though.

First of all, I use CCleaner to keep my temporary files cleaned. Then I use Auslogics Disk Defrag to keep my hard drive defragmented. It has an automatic scheduler. I run these programs once a week for routine maintenance.

Also, get rid of your startup apps. This hinders a computer's performance probably above everything else. Click Here to see a quick tutorial. I disable everything but my Virus Protection, and a few others. This frees up all your memory to just the very basic needs for your OS to operate.

After that, you can read This Blog for some good tips on how to speed up the AutoCAD program itself. Hope this helps you in maintaining a very efficient computer in running good and fast. :)

I tend to create a CAD Autosaves folder on my computer, then path the Autosave files in Options to save in there. I find that regularly deleting these can keep my Autocad running smoother. I have known for some in my office to run slow, then delete Autosaves, afterwards it runs a little better. May not solve the problem entirely, but could certainly improve it a little.

Yes. Your computer is good enough, although more RAM and a Video Card upgrade would greatly help. It is not needed though.

First of all, I use CCleaner to keep my temporary files cleaned. Then I use Auslogics Disk Defrag to keep my hard drive defragmented. It has an automatic scheduler. I run these programs once a week for routine maintenance.

Also, get rid of your startup apps. This hinders a computer's performance probably above everything else. Click Here to see a quick tutorial. I disable everything but my Virus Protection, and a few others. This frees up all your memory to just the very basic needs for your OS to operate.

After that, you can read This Blog for some good tips on how to speed up the AutoCAD program itself. Hope this helps you in maintaining a very efficient computer in running good and fast. :)

I've just noticed, in that blog, he says it is his top ten. Then has 14 different ways.

thanks alot for the help.

dont have time to try it right now but will definetly when i get a chance! i'll let you know how i get on.

you sure know what your talking about ;)

thanks again guys really helpfull.