Non-Table Autocad/Excel Linking?

ILoveMadoka

I was wondering is someone could give me a primer or point me to a

page or two that would help me do something.

I'd love to have a link between autocad 2009 and Excel 2003.

I'd like to have the drawing name, date, revision, drafter name

live-linked. In a title block they are not right next to another as

in a table. Does that matter where they fall in relationship to

another. I would guess that each cell or field would have to

have it's own link.

If you change the info in either the other would update.

In a worse case reading the info from autocad into Excel

just for reporting would help somewhat but that's not what

I'd prefer.

Thank you so very much to all who make this site such a great resource!!

Currently we have a set up for some of our jobs where we have doorframe and window schedules in excel files that are linked to our CAD file. Changing anything in the excel file automatically changes in the CAD file however you cannot edit the schedule in CAD, only in Excel. Is this something that you'd be interested in incorporating? Im sure its just a matter of organizing the excel file to represent whatever requirements you were after..

so you want to link values in excel with text in CAD? I have never tried to do that before, but I do know that you can insert an Excel file into CAD and have it linked. Go to Insert -> OLE Object -> then pick excel file. I am not sure this is what you want, but it might be a place to start looking.

open the excel file, highlight exactly the cells you want to show up in the CAD file and 'COPY'. Then open the CAD file and in the drop down menu select 'Paste Special.' A menu pops up, make sure to select the 'Paste Link' button on the left and have Excel worksheet highlighted. click ok. Now you have a table that dynamically changes as you work in excel! You can rescale the table to fit the page as well

Hi

Try LXL (french lisp)

@+

Patrick, do you have at least the dcl file in English. It should be a quick conversion for you please. Many of us in the south thank you in advance !!

Stevesfr

Patrick, do you have at least the dcl file in English. It should be a quick conversion for you please. Many of us in the south thank you in advance !!

Stevesfr

Hi

I try to translate the dcl's file

@+

Lxl.dcl

• 3 months later...