weird error in autocad 2009

3dsmaxed

hi everyone

i am facing some weird problem in my autocad 2009

i think because of opening some file i have started getting this error whenever i try to open autocad or any file inside autocad.

erroru.th.jpg

my move command behaves like copy command and copies the object while using move command.

ihave tried reinstall but that problem and error message still appearing.

i tried to install autocad 2007. but i face same problem in that also

how can i correct it?

thanks

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• lordjkpff

• 3dsmaxed

• Car5858

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When did this problem start?

What operating system are you running?

Have you installed any new software, or add-ons, that may be conflicting with Autocad?

Did you perform a complete uninstall, removing all remnants of Autocad, before reinstalling?

I have seen you post this message on other forums, but have you tried contacting Autodesk regarding this issue?

this started happening when i opened some drawing which asked me to install the "korean" language pack.

i am using windows XP 64 bit.

my major concern right now is that my move command is copyinh the onject while moving

if i can get rid of that i am okay with that error because otherwise my cad is working fine

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Un-install the "korean" language pack with add/remove programs and reset your language preferances.

i dont see any korean language pack installed in my add/remove programs

thanks

How are you invoking the move command? Via the command line using a command alias?

i am typing m in the command box

• 2 weeks later...

Did this ever get resolved! We have started to get the same error on certain files which now seem to be spreading LIKE WILD FIRE! Other commands affected are explode and I have had reports that the send to back command doesn't work anymore. We are told that it is a old AutoCAD virus (see thread link at bottom of post), but Symantec, which has been through our files and machines, can find no infected files and tell us we are fine.

The facts are these:

1. After getting the language pack error and answering the question with the "OPEN" button or the "X" activates something to that affects the CUI, acad & express menu files.

2. Commands start to act weird like explode, send to back, copy.. etc.

3. When you just OPEN the infected files you get a:

ERROR: Could not instantiate AecDict!

AutoCAD Express Tools Copyright © 2002-2004 Autodesk, Inc.

Other files seem to be unaffected! It spreads randomly!

4. –purge, Reggapps does not clean the “Language Pack Error” out of the file.

5. To get around the problem files, we use the recover command, it seems to suppress whatever macro or hidden element (virus) is now infecting the drawing.

6. Copy and pasting the linework into a blank new dwt seems to take this “Language pack Error”/virus with it. (and NO I did not slelect ALL, just the linework)

7. Exporting to a DXF R12 then opening the DXF file does NOT remove the MACRO/Launguage Pack Error.

8. Disconnecting the computer from the network doesn’t stop it either; it seems to be a file issue.

9. Removing and Reinstalling doesn’t work either.

IS THERE ANYWAY TO PURGE OUT THE HIDDEN MACRO THAT IS TRYING TO INITIATE THE LANGUAGE PACK???

Here is a thread of the virus everyone has suggested we have:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=733104

“Important: not all virus detection picks up

these files. The signatures can change, since they are just text files,

but when AutoCAD launches, the text of course gets read and executes doing it's

malicious work. We do a lot of international work, and this particular

virus hailing from China, often comes innocently enough in file transmittals of

CAD files sent to us by clients and consultants... they probably don't realize

they're infected.”

Did this ever get resolved! We have started to get the same error on certain files which now seem to be spreading LIKE WILD FIRE! Other commands affected are explode and I have had reports that the send to back command doesn't work anymore. We are told that it is a old AutoCAD virus (see thread link at bottom of post), but Symantec, which has been through our files and machines, can find no infected files and tell us we are fine.

The facts are these:

1. After getting the language pack error and answering the question with the "OPEN" button or the "X" activates something to that affects the CUI, acad & express menu files.

2. Commands start to act weird like explode, send to back, copy.. etc.

3. When you just OPEN the infected files you get a:

AutoCAD Express Tools Copyright © 2002-2004 Autodesk, Inc.

Other files seem to be unaffected! It spreads randomly!

4. –purge, Reggapps does not clean the “Language Pack Error” out of the file.

5. To get around the problem files, we use the recover command, it seems to suppress whatever macro or hidden element (virus) is now infecting the drawing.

6. Copy and pasting the linework into a blank new dwt seems to take this “Language pack Error”/virus with it. (and NO I did not slelect ALL, just the linework)

7. Exporting to a DXF R12 then opening the DXF file does NOT remove the MACRO/Launguage Pack Error.

8. Disconnecting the computer from the network doesn’t stop it either; it seems to be a file issue.

9. Removing and Reinstalling doesn’t work either.

IS THERE ANYWAY TO PURGE OUT THE HIDDEN MACRO THAT IS TRYING TO INITIATE THE LANGUAGE PACK???

Here is a thread of the virus everyone has suggested we have:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=733104

“Important: not all virus detection picks up

these files. The signatures can change, since they are just text files,

but when AutoCAD launches, the text of course gets read and executes doing it's

malicious work. We do a lot of international work, and this particular

virus hailing from China, often comes innocently enough in file transmittals of

CAD files sent to us by clients and consultants... they probably don't realize

they're infected.”

cudnt find any solution to this yet

and living with the problem for now

Well then, I guess it is not a Macro, my "Enable macro virus protection " was checked and is on..

BUT would a launguage pack error be considered a Macro?

Anyother suggestions?

I have Had this issue also.

I removed the lagunage pack with the add remove programs. Then checked to make sure the program was removed. There were some unidentified files left over that I manualy deleated.

I then did a repair of the installlation. So far I have not had the reaccure. I also will not reinstall the Koren Language pack. This one seemed to be the cause in my situation.

Except for the fact that I have never loaded a language pack and this seems to spread to every drawing you save on the infected computer.

So far Autodesk & Symantec have been extremely helpful. An Autodesk Tech states:

'I was able to do some research on those error messages. The language pack box will appear when there are objects in the file that were created with a different language. It is notifying you that you should install the pack so that all objects will appear correctly. However, I did see a few instances where the language pack box appears when it should not. In those cases, you can click the 'suppress' button on that box and the message will no longer appear. However, if there actually is information from a different language, they should take the time to install the appropriate pack. Then run recoverall."

BUT like I said earlier we never installed a language pack nor have the need to do so. There should be no other languages than English in these files.

If you hit the ‘suppress’ button, then the drawing does not open! Recover will open the drawing but once open and then save it you are now infected. Even if you open a brand new, fresh out of the box, unaffected dwt, then save it, close it, and reopen it, now that file is infected!

when you removed before you reinstalled did you delete all autocad related folders on your computer/server before reinstalling?

Yes, after unistalling i removed the folder in C_rogram and C_Documents and Settings_user_Application Data_Autodesk folder for a completely fresh install.

I wonder if there is a Registry setting that was missed. That would explain the reappearance of the bug after a fresh install.

Jeez, that's all the CAD community needs now, a macro virus or a rogue LISP routine that installs language packs without our knowledge. I can see all progress on drawings come to a grinding halt as users waste precious time trying to sort things out.

We have determined that it is a session based transfer. Meaning if you recover an infected file, do your work, then save it and close, now open a new from dwt, save it, close it, and then reopen it. The new file is now infected with the language pack error. Which is strange because we didn't do anything to the new file beside create it and then save it!

We also noticed that if you close that infected session of AutoCAD or Civil 3D, then start a new session, open a new drawing from a DWT, save it, close it, and then reopen it. It is fine!

We think the virus may be hiding in the .dwl & dwl2. file because sometime the original infected file cannot be reopened, it states that a user currently has it open even though we had just closed it.

AutoCAD writes the dwl file when a drawing is opened in anything other than read-only status. The dwl file contains infomation on who, what computer and time / date the drawing was opened. This can be verified by locating a dwl file and opening it with Notepad.

I don't think it is possible the virus, as you call it, could be in the file itself.