weird error in autocad 2009

3dsmaxed

Thank you for that update. Did AutoDesk tech support have anything useful to say other than WBlock? I mean about the "virus" in general.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• lordjkpff

• 3dsmaxed

• Car5858

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a collection of the communiqués from Autodesk:

….Unfortunately we are not able to support things like custom lisp routines here in Product Support. :unsure:(Wasn''t a custom lisp file, "IT" was in a dwg given to us from our client, "IT" is contained within the "root" dictionary of the DWG) I may have some other resources I can point you to to help with the issue. However, I'd like to try and understand what is happening a little bit better first. Please send me screen shots of any and all error messages you are receiving. I can then investigate those here to see if I can find what is happening. Thank you very much…

….Thank you for sending in the screenshots. I was able to do some research on those error messages. The language pack box will appear when there are objects in the file that were created with a different language. It is notifying you that you should install the pack so that all objects will appear correctly. However, I did see a few instances where the language pack box appears when it should not. :?(What does that mean?) In those cases, you can click the 'suppress' button on that box and the message will no longer appear. :!:(We tried this and it is a BAD IDEA, THIS IS HOW YOU BECOME INFECTED!!)However, if there actually is information from a different language, they should take the time to install the appropriate pack…..

…Unfortunately, as is the case with any virus type problem, you may need to roll back somewhat to a spot when you did not have infections. :shock:(Seriously! Can you imagine rolling back weeks worth of work.) You need to delete all infected files off the problematic machines, and then clean the bad files using the steps I provided. If the files cannot be repaired, you will need to delete them and either recreate them or restore them from backup from before they were infected. I know this may sounds like a long process, but if the problem is indeed in the DWG's, the only way to fix it is to either fix them or delete them…

…Also, you had mentioned earlier that you thought you had this tracked down to one particular file that might be the problem. Please perform the following steps to clean that file. If you think that some of your template files are also infected, you may want to run this same test. These steps will give you the cleanest possible files to work with. :huh:(The only step that has some promise is number 6)

1) Open one of the problematic files and make sure all layers are on and thawed.

2) Detach any XREF's.

3) Run AUDIT.

4) Run PURGE and delete anything that it lets you.

5) Run -PURGE and delete all.

6) Using the WBLOCK command, block out all the information in the file to create a new drawing. Select the objects by windowing them; do not just type ALL.

7) Open a blank DWG. Do not use any templates.

Using the INSERT command, insert the file created in step 3.

9) EXPLODE the newly inserted information so it is not a block any longer.

After cleaning the files, please try working with them again and see if the problem still exists.