penn foster autocad drawings help

mivshekwyo

Hi curly33

Yes this can be a little tuff at first. Have you tried to work through the steps in the example?

Attached is some helpful hints.

You will find that once you get the hang of this things will go better.

Demo plate 3.dwg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Car5858

• mivshekwyo

• curley33

• Tiger

That helps and I think I am heading in the right direction. I am still having issue's getting it all to fit into the development. I am not sure if I just can't see how it creates the end result or what. I tried going through the steps in the example to get some practice on a symmetrical piece, and was able to get started. I get the arc's, label everything, get the first set of triangles started, but then can't get the next bigger triangle started. Any other tricks that you think might help me get going?

HVAC Plate 3.dwg

Yes on the next large triangle, draw it like the first one.

Measure the angle between the 2, select rotate select base point, and input that angle.

Awesome! I think I have plate 3 finished... I was having issue drawing Plate 2, but I am thinking I can bounce it off you to make sure I understand what it's trying to say. How would you interpret the 4 different views. If I am reading Plate 2 instructions correctly it wants me to draw a 14x6 to a 10x6 transition piece 4 different ways. Here is what I have so far. I didn't really worry about labeling since it is a more simplified drawing. I am on the right track at all?

Thanks!

Josh

HVAC Project.pdf

HVAC Plate 2.dwg