Layer States Manager

Madison

I'm having some issues with a .dwg with multiple tabs. Each Tab is a drawing displaying specific items.. Basically I have two .dwg's and want to represent different features in each tab. (For example, one dwg will only show a topo, 2007 contours and 2008 contours, second dwg will only have 2007 and an aerial, and so forth)....

How do I keep these different drawings from changing whenever I'm working in Model space..Seems like whenever I go back into the model and turn on or off a specific layer, it changes the information being displayed in the two tabs.... Is this a layer states manager issue, and whats the best way to manage this situation??

Thanks.

Whatever you do in modelspace will be shown in the paperspace tabs depending on what you show in the viewport. The tabs aren't like a snapshot of history - they are current data and show the view you selected.

I figured it out.. I need to make my viewport changes within the layout. if I want the changes to become permanent I need to save the layout in layer states manager.

With C3D 09 I noticed that all my layers turn blue when I restore a layout to its original state..

Can anyone provide some insight to the "Viewport Override" causing my layers within the layers property manager to turn blue??

That's great - glad you posted the fix. I don't use layout tabs very much at this job and the last job I had we used them but not in the way that civil and arch guys do.